Air Mauritius is the flag carrier airline of Mauritius, headquartered in Port Louis. It is the national airline of Mauritius operating flights from its Mauritius hub to destinations in Africa, Asia and Europe. Some key facts:
– Founded in 1967 as the national airline of Mauritius
– Primary hub: Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl Airport (Mauritius)
– Secondary hubs: OR Tambo Intl Airport (Johannesburg), London Heathrow
– Fleet size: Around 15 aircraft
– Destinations: 23 international destinations
– Passengers: Over 1.6 million annually
– Revenue: MUR 11 billion (2020)
– Employees: Around 1,800
Air Mauritius’ route network is focused on linking Mauritius with major cities in Europe, South Africa and key Asian markets. It has a mixed fleet of both wide-body long-haul aircraft as well as smaller regional jets.
Network and Hubs
Some of the key routes served by Air Mauritius include:
– Mauritius – Johannesburg, London Heathrow, Paris, Mumbai, Delhi
– Johannesburg – Mauritius, Cape Town, Durban, Port Louis
– London Heathrow – Mauritius, Mumbai, Delhi
– Mumbai – Mauritius, Johannesburg
– Hong Kong – Mauritius, Kuala Lumpur
Within Mauritius, Air Mauritius connects Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Indian cities via its Mauritius hub. Codeshare partners include Air France, KLM and partner airlines in southern Africa.
The Air Mauritius fleet comprises the following aircraft:
– Airbus A350-900 – newest addition to long-haul fleet
– Airbus A330-900neo – next generation widebody aircraft
– Airbus A319/A320 – narrowbody aircraft used on regional routes
– ATR 72-500 – turboprop aircraft used on short haul routes
The A350s provide modern comforts on the airline’s longest routes to Europe and Asia. Regional jets serve destinations around Africa.
Air Mauritius offers a three class configuration on its long-haul flights:
– Business Class – Lie-flat seats with direct aisle access
– Economy Class – Standard seating in 3-3-3 layout
– Economy Plus – Extra legroom seats with additional amenities
Short-haul flights feature a two class Business and Economy cabin.
Frequent Flyer Program – Kestrelflyer
Kestrelflyer is the frequent flyer program of Air Mauritius with Silver, Gold and Platinum tier levels. Members earn miles by flying with Air Mauritius and partner airlines. Miles can be redeemed for reward flights and upgrade awards.
Air Mauritius operates ‘La Croisée’ lounges at its Mauritius hub as well as international lounges in London Heathrow, Paris, Mumbai and other airports. Lounges offer complimentary food and beverages, business amenities, shower facilities and a place to relax pre-flight.