Air Serbia is the flag carrier airline of Serbia, headquartered in Belgrade. It is the largest airline in Serbia operating a network of flights to over 60 destinations in Europe, the Mediterranean, Middle East and North America.
– Founded in 1927 as Aeroput, relaunched in 2013 after Etihad acquisition
– Main hub: Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport
– Secondary hubs: Constantine the Great Airport (Niš)
– Fleet Size: 18 aircraft
– Destinations: 44 international, 11 domestic
– Passengers: Over 2.5 million annually
– Revenue: €387 million (2018)
– Employees: Around 2800
Air Serbia serves a mix of domestic destinations within Serbia as well as regional and long-haul international flights from its Belgrade base. It codeshares with partner Etihad Airways to major global cities.
Network and Hubs
Some of the key routes served by Air Serbia include:
– Belgrade to Podgorica, Tivat, Zurich, Paris, Moscow, Zagreb, Sarajevo
– Niš to Belgrade, Vienna, Bratislava, Berlin
– Seasonal flights from Belgrade to New York, Toronto, Tehran, Tel Aviv
– Codeshare flights with Etihad to Abu Dhabi, Melbourne, Bangkok etc.
Within Serbia, Air Serbia connects Belgrade with cities like Niš, Kraljevo and Vršac. It has over 50 weekly flights between Belgrade and Podgorica.
The Air Serbia fleet includes the following aircraft:
– Airbus A319, A320 – short/medium haul
– Airbus A330-200 – widebody used for longer routes
– ATR 72, Bombardier CRJ900 – regional flights
New A320neos were recently added to modernize the short-haul fleet. The A330s provide a competitive long-haul product.
Air Serbia offers two or three cabins depending on aircraft:
– Business Class – Lie-flat seats on A330s with upgraded catering and amenities
– Economy Class – Standard comfort
– Economy Plus – Extra legroom seats with additional amenities
Business Class passengers get access to fast-track security, lounges and priority services.
Frequent Flyer Program
Air Serbia Etihad Guest allows members to earn miles on Air Serbia and partner flights. Miles can be redeemed for reward flights, upgrades and lounge access. There are Etihad Guest, Silver, Gold and Platinum tiers.
Air Serbia business class passengers and top tier frequent flyers get access to the Belgrade Nikola Tesla Lounge. This lounge offers free food and beverages, shower facilities, flight information and other amenities.
Smaller branded lounges are also available at other airports like New York JFK, Abu Dhabi and Zurich.