All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the largest airline in Japan and the flag carrier based in Tokyo. It operates an extensive domestic network in Japan as well as international routes across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
– Founded in 1952, started operations in 1953
– Hubs: Narita Airport (Tokyo), Haneda Airport (Tokyo)
– Alliance: Star Alliance
– Fleet Size: Around 280 aircraft
– Destinations: Over 110 worldwide
– Passengers: Over 50 million annually
– Revenue: ¥1.9 trillion (2021)
– Employees: Around 14,000
ANA is a full service global airline and launch customer for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. It has two major hubs in Tokyo supporting a large domestic and international network.
Domestic Japan Network
ANA serves over 40 domestic airports across Japan linking major cities like Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Fukuoka and Okinawa. Some key routes include:
– Tokyo to Osaka, Sapporo, Okinawa, Fukuoka
– Osaka to Sapporo, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Miyazaki
– Sapporo to Fukuoka, Nagoya, Okinawa
– Regional flights connect smaller cities like Akita, Yamagata, Kagoshima
ANA flies long haul flights from its Tokyo hubs to destinations including:
– Asia – Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Manila
– Europe – London, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich
– North America – Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Washington D.C.
– Oceania – Sydney, Perth
It has an extensive partnership with United Airlines for transpacific and intra-Asia flights.
Key aircraft types in ANA’s fleet are:
– Boeing 787 Dreamliner – Flagship for long haul international
– Airbus A320/A321 – Short haul domestic and regional
– Boeing 777 – Larger widebody for high volume routes
– Boeing 737 – Smaller narrowbody for domestic Japan
ANA was the launch customer for the 787 and has over 60 in its fleet.
ANA offers First, Business, Premium Economy and Economy class:
– First Class – Fully enclosed suites with high end amenities
– Business Class – Lie flat seats with direct aisle access
– Premium Economy – Seats with extra legroom and amenities
– Economy Class – Standard 3-3-3 seating
ANA Mileage Club and Lounges
ANA Mileage Club is the frequent flyer program with basic, bronze, silver, gold, diamond tiers. Lounges include the first class Suite Lounge and Business Lounge with luxury amenities.