Icelandair is the flag carrier of Iceland and is headquartered at Keflavík International Airport, its main hub. It is part of the Icelandair Group and operates to destinations on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean from Keflavík International Airport. The geographical position of Iceland is convenient for one-stop transatlantic flights, which is one pillar of the airline’s business strategy, along with traffic to, from, and within the country.
Destinations they fly to
Icelandair flies to over 50 destinations in over 20 countries worldwide. Some of the most popular destinations include:
- North America: Boston, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Montreal, Newark, New York City, Orlando, Portland, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington, D.C.
- Europe: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Gothenburg, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Stockholm, Zurich
Their loyalty program
Icelandair’s loyalty program is called Saga Club. It is a free-to-join program that offers members a number of benefits, including:
- Saga Points: Members earn Saga Points every time they fly with Icelandair or any of its partner airlines. Saga Points can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, and other rewards.
- Tier status: Members who earn enough Saga Points or fly a certain number of times per year can qualify for tier status. Tier status members receive additional benefits, such as priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling; access to Icelandair’s lounges; and waived baggage fees.
- Lounge access: Tier status members and certain high-paying fare passengers have access to Icelandair’s lounges around the world. Icelandair Lounges offer a variety of amenities, including comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and food and drinks.
Their seating and the classes of seats
Icelandair offers a variety of seating options on its flights, depending on the aircraft type and route. The most common seating classes are:
- Economy class: Economy class is the most basic seating class, but it still offers comfortable seating and a variety of amenities, including a free checked bag, in-flight entertainment, and complimentary meals and drinks.
- Saga Class: Saga Class is Icelandair’s premium economy class offering. It features more legroom, wider seats, and better meals than economy class.
- Saga Premium: Saga Premium is Icelandair’s full business class offering. It features lie-flat seats, gourmet meals, and a variety of other amenities, such as priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling; access to Icelandair’s lounges; and waived baggage fees.
The best features of the airline
Icelandair is a well-respected airline that offers a high level of service and a variety of amenities. Some of the best features of the airline include:
- Extensive route network: Icelandair flies to over 50 destinations in over 20 countries worldwide. This makes it a good choice for travelers who need to fly to a variety of destinations in North America and Europe, with a convenient stopover in Iceland.
- Modern fleet: Icelandair has a modern fleet of aircraft that offer comfortable seating and a variety of amenities.
- Excellent customer service: Icelandair is known for its excellent customer service. Staff members are friendly and helpful, and they go out of their way to make sure that passengers have a pleasant experience.
- Competitive fares: Icelandair offers competitive fares on all classes of service.
UK airports from which they fly out
Icelandair flies from the following UK airport:
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Top destinations for UK travellers
The top destinations for UK travellers on Icelandair are:
- Reykjavik, Iceland
- New York City, USA
- Boston, USA
- Chicago, USA
- Denver, USA
- Minneapolis, USA
- Montreal, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
- Paris, France
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Frankfurt, Germany
Overall, Icelandair is a well-respected airline that offers a high level of service and a variety of amenities at competitive fares. It is a good choice for travelers who need to fly to a variety of destinations in North America and Europe, with a convenient stopover in Iceland.