Air Transat is a Canadian leisure airline headquartered in Montreal, Quebec. It operates scheduled and charter flights from Canada to destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico, USA, Europe and South America.
– Founded in 1987, began operations in December 1986
– Hubs: Montreal–Trudeau Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport
– Fleet Size: 16 aircraft
– Destinations: 60 international
– Passengers: 3 million (2019)
– Revenue: CAD$2.8 billion (2019)
– Employees: 5,000
Air Transat specializes in offering vacation and holiday travel from Canada to tropical leisure destinations as well as European cities. It has a seasonal fleet focused on summer travel.
Network and Hubs
Air Transat flies to over 60 destinations including:
– Caribbean and Mexico – Cayo Coco, Montego Bay, Cancun, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana
– USA – Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Miami
– Europe – London, Paris, Rome, Athens, Lisbon, Barcelona
– South America – Rio de Janeiro
Its main hubs are Montreal and Toronto Pearson Airport. From these hubs it operates direct flights on seasonal schedule to major vacation destinations.
The Air Transat fleet comprises the following aircraft:
– Airbus A310 – Being phased out
– Airbus A330-200 – Primary long-haul aircraft
– Airbus A330-300 – Newest addition to fleet
– Boeing 737-800 – Short/medium range aircraft
The A330s provide widebody service on transatlantic and South American routes. B737s serve domestic, US and closer Caribbean destinations.
Air Transat has two cabin classes:
– Club Class – Provides business class service with improved meals, drinks, amenities and larger seat pitch
– Economy Class – Standard economy seats and service
Both cabins feature individual seat-back entertainment screens with movies, TV shows and games.
Air Transat Club is the airline’s loyalty program with two elite tiers beyond basic membership:
– Elite Duo – Entry level perks like priority services, extra baggage allowance
– Elite Plus – Top tier with lounge access, upgrades, bonus miles
Members earn Club Points on Air Transat flights which can be redeemed for seat upgrades, flight discounts, merchandise and vacation packages.