Air France is the flag carrier airline of France, headquartered in Tremblay-en-France. It is a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance. Some key facts:
– Founded in 1933 from merger of several French airlines
– Hubs: Paris Charles de Gaulle, Paris Orly
– Alliance: SkyTeam
– Fleet Size: Over 220 aircraft
– Destinations: 153 international, 40 domestic
– Passengers: Over 52 million annually
– Revenue: €11 billion (2019)
– Employees: 41,000 globally
Air France operates an extensive international network across Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East and the Americas. It also flies to 40 domestic destinations within France and its territories.
Domestic France Network
Air France connects major cities within France and its overseas territories including:
– Paris – Marseille, Lyon, Nice, Toulouse, Bordeaux
– From Paris to overseas destinations like Pointe-a-Pitre, Cayenne
– Connections from Marseille, Nice to cities like Ajaccio, Calvi
– High speed TGV rail connections from Paris to other cities
Key international destinations served by Air France include:
– Europe – Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Athens, Vienna, Warsaw
– North America – New York, Washington D.C., Montreal, Mexico City
– South America – Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Lima
– Asia – Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai
– Africa – Johannesburg, Cape Town, Cairo, Lagos
Codeshare partners like Delta Air Lines and Middle East Airlines provide additional connectivity.
The Air France fleet includes various Airbus and Boeing aircraft:
– Airbus A320 family – A318/A319/A320/A321 (short-medium haul)
– Airbus A330, A350, A380 (long haul wide-body)
– Boeing 777 (long haul wide-body)
The A380s serve flagship routes like Paris to New York, Johannesburg and Montreal. Newer A350s provide improved comfort on Asia and Middle East routes.
International flights have 4 cabin classes:
– La Première (First) – Fully-enclosed suites, high-end dining
– Business – Lie-flat seats, premium lounge access
– Premium Economy – Added amenities and room
– Economy – Standard comfort
Domestic flights have Business and Economy cabins. Multi-course meals are served in premium cabins.
Frequent Flyer Program – Flying Blue
Flying Blue is the loyalty program where members can earn miles on Air France, KLM and SkyTeam partner flights. Miles can be redeemed for reward tickets, upgrades and other perks. There are Explorer, Silver, Gold and Platinum membership tier levels.
Air France operates airline lounges at its hubs in Paris and other major airports worldwide under the ‘Salon’ brand. There are First, Business and shared lounges to relax and dine before flight. Complimentary amenities include WiFi, buffet dining, shower facilities and conference rooms.