United Airlines, Inc. is a major American airline headquartered at the Willis Tower in Chicago, Illinois. United operates a large domestic and international route network spanning cities large and small across the United States and all six inhabited continents. Measured by fleet size and the number of routes, it became the third-largest airline in the world after its merger with Continental Airlines in 2010. United Airlines, Inc. … Willis Tower, Chicago, Illinois, United States
Ownership and structure
United Airlines, Inc., is publicly traded through its parent company, United Airlines Holdings, Inc., which is a Delaware corporation, on the New York Stock Exchange NYSE: UAL, with a market capitalization of over US$21 billion as of January 2018. United’s operating revenues and operating expenses comprise nearly 100% of the holding company’s revenues and operating expenses.
United Airlines flies to over 260 destinations in 30 countries around the world, including:
- North America: United States, Canada, Mexico
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
- Caribbean: Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan
- Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane
MileagePlus is the United Airlines loyalty program. It is a free-to-join program that offers members a variety of benefits, including:
- Earn MileagePlus miles for every flight you take with United or one of their partner airlines. MileagePlus miles can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, and other rewards.
- Enjoy exclusive member benefits, such as priority check-in, baggage handling, and lounge access.
Seating and Classes of Seats
United Airlines offers three cabin classes across its fleet:
- Business Class: Business Class features spacious seats with lie-flat beds, direct aisle access, and gourmet meals.
- Premium Economy Class: Premium Economy Class features comfortable seats with extra legroom and recline, as well as a variety of inflight entertainment options.
- Economy Class: Economy Class features comfortable seats with plenty of legroom and recline, as well as a variety of inflight entertainment options.
Best Features of the Airline
United Airlines is known for its extensive network of destinations, excellent service, and comfortable seats. Some of the best features of the airline include:
- Extensive network of destinations: United Airlines flies to over 260 destinations in 30 countries around the world, making it a great choice for travelers who need to fly to a wide range of destinations.
- Excellent service: United Airlines has won numerous awards for its excellent service, including Skytrax’s Best Airline Staff in North America award in 2022.
- Comfortable seats: United Airlines offers comfortable seats in all classes of service, with plenty of legroom and recline.
UK Airports from Which They Fly Out
United Airlines flies from the following UK airports:
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- Manchester Airport (MAN)
- Birmingham Airport (BHX)
- Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
- Glasgow Airport (GLA)
Top Destinations for UK Travellers
The top destinations for UK travelers on United Airlines include:
- New York, USA
- Chicago, USA
- Los Angeles, USA
- San Francisco, USA
- Boston, USA
- Washington, D.C., USA
- Houston, USA
- Denver, USA
- Newark, USA
- Miami, USA
- Orlando, USA
United Airlines is a great choice for travelers who are looking for an affordable and convenient way to fly to the United States and other destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The airline offers a wide range of amenities, including comfortable seats, delicious food, and excellent service. United Airlines is also a member of the Star Alliance airline alliance, which gives passengers access to a wider network of destinations and benefits.